Wednesday, April 1, 2009

ISU D Huck Finn Preview

Doug wrote a preview for Huck Finn in order to make up for missing the Chicago Invite. I won't be writing one for the 1st team because I'm too busy with schoolwork. My apologies, and now Doug and I are even. Enjoy.

So Cu1timate is trying out this new format for Huck Finn. I’m not going to comment on that because you can do that somewhere else. All I know is that the Dnomes have a very good chance at having a good record for the weekend. In the long run, it more about developing this team rather than winning, but doing both is pretty awesome. The schedule for the weekend looks like this:

Sat Rd 1 (9:00) - BYE
Rd 2 (11:00) - Wisconsin-B
Rd 3 (1:00) - Marquette
Rd 4 (3:00) - Notre Dame-B
Rd 5 (5:00) - St. Louis-B
Sun Rd 1 (8:30) - BYE
Rd 2 (10:30) - SLUH
Rd 3 (12:30) - Wash U-B


Rd 1 vs Steven Naji: I like that both days we start with a bye because I absolutely love to sleep in. Plus I’m working Friday night so I’m getting into St. Louis late so I’m not going to be getting much sleep, especially if Venus hogs all the covers again. We’ll be watching the A team take on Missouri S & T which should be a good game.

Rd 2 vs Wisconsin-B: Wisconsin has a very good program. They’ve won nationals the last two years so I pretty sure they know what they are doing. I expect for them to have a good solid B team. Wisconsin will have only played one game so they shouldn’t be too tired but I think that we will be able to beat them with hustle. We started to get very good flow at the Chicago Invite. If we can keep that going we should do well.

Rd 3 vs Marquette: I don’t know much about them. I’ve been told they are a solid program and I expect this to be the hardest game we play this weekend. As long as we play our game, we should do fine. It’s only our second game so we should still have somewhat fresh legs, and I know all about being Fresh.

Rd 4 vs Notre Dame-B: We played this team last year at Sectionals. I pretty sure we won decisively. They’ve had some time to grow and are coming from a great program so they should be better this year around. If memory serves me right, we have them on looks. This game is within our reach. If we have the desire (which I know we do) we should be able to win this game.

Rd 5 vs St. Louis-B: I’m worried about this game for one reason, we run a good cup. Why would this worry me? It sounds like a good thing right? It is, but it is also our last game. At the Chicago Invite, we ran cup almost every game the second day and got really tired. If we can keep the intensity up and keep fresh legs in, then we have a chance at winning this. It will be close no matter what.

Sun Rd 1 vs Yo Mamma: We again have a bye first thing in the morning. This will be good for the rest of the day and for cheering on the Gnomes!

Rd 2 vs SLUH: I’ll be honest for a change; I don’t know what this stands for. I think it might be St. Louis University Honors, but it could also be Spitting Loogies Under Horses. I don’t know. So I don’t have much to say on this game.

Rd 3 vs Wash U-B: This will be our last game before the BCS bowl game that we play (I don’t really know how the format works. It reminds me of college football. I just hope we don’t get the Meineke Car Care Bowl). It will be a hard fought game as we play tired. If we can stay mentally tough, we should come out on top.

I expect the team to make big improvements this tournament. It’s our second tournament as team so we should start to flow better and know where to be at the right time. As long as we give it a 100% I’m going to be happy. Remember, when you have the disc you are the quarterback of the team.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with Yo Mamma, I know I plan on coming with a bang.

    ReplyDelete

How many pointless commas did I use in the last post?

Are you a Space Panda?

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

New Cu1timate format

Should we go back to High Tide next year?

Who will get into the most trouble in GA or on the way?

Quickest dude:

Which tournament would you rather attend this spring?

How many beers have you had this weekend?

Which offense is the most effective in the college game?

How often do you read RSD?

Which tournament can't we miss this spring?

How would you like to see our last week of indoor practice time used?

Which is better, UPA or NCUA/Cultimate